Tuesday, November 13, 2012

TURN TURN TURN

This week's goal for the kiddos is to self turn a rope successfully 1-2 times for the younger ones and 3-5 times forward and backward for the older kids.  With just one day  into this week's goal, I think all 4th and 5th graders will accomplish it.  The younger ones....well, we will see.

I did learn from Maureen Madden, that if you put sheets of paper under the armpits of the twirlers they will be better twirlers.  This will keep the rope hitting the floor and not out by the sides of the twirler, making the rope higher off the ground and harder to jump over. 

I am excited to teach the students how to jump a rope.  The looks on their faces when they have accomplished this task, is what  makes teaching so wonderful. 

Until next time!  HAPPY JUMPING.

Ms. Stoll

1 comment:

  1. That's how I feel when I can get the little darlings to sign in to the computer for the first time! Makes the stress worth it!

    ReplyDelete