Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Coach For The Day

It has been a while since my last post.  Since I only have one follower I feel like I am on a desert island and I have an imaginary friend named Wilson.  I will forge on as if I will be rescued by another follower.

Last Thursday I had the privilege of having a 3rd grade girl as Coach of the Day.  This was an auction item that was purchased one month ago.  We had a blast.  We started our day off with a Frapacino, talked about what activities she would like to play with the different grade levels.  We played Capture the Flag with 2 classes, which is a favorite at MDE, and then shook it up a bit with the rest of the classes.  We had lunch from Murphy's deli and chatted about many things.  We decided what we said in the gym office stayed in the gym office.  That is a good thing because we shared some great stories. 

I was sad to see her go at the end of the day and hoped she would win the auction item the next year.  This young lady is mature, funny and wise beyond her years. 

Until next time, which I hope is sooner, STAY ACTIVE AND GET PLENTY OF REST!

2 comments:

  1. Don't give up! Keep posting! If you build it, they will come or in this case read. Have you promoted it with your classes? Any teachers use Edmodo? You could join their group and promote it. Maybe put our a trivia question each week and the first 5 students who answer the question win a Gym Jam.

    ReplyDelete